D&S Consultants - Working with businesses to reduce wasted expenditure
RSS

Recent Posts

Maybe we could learn from the states?
Communication Clutter
World Quality Day
Addressing the Unaddressed
Service or lack of it!
powered by

My Blog

A trip to the cinema

I made an impromptu visit to the cinema at the weekend as part of the mother’s day celebrations for my wife. I enquired at the kiosk if we (I, my wife and our 2 teenage sons) qualified for a family ticket. Unfortunately we didn’t as we are, according to this cinema chain, not a family. We have 2 teenage sons and they are a separate price, they had pricing for children, teenagers and adults!! What surprised me and disappointed me was there was no attempt to sell another package, a promotion, online booking facility at all. Iwould call this cinema chain very retail focused. I usually book my cinema tickets through another cinema chain, online. I receive a 10% discount through booking online, a family discount (because they define a family as 2 adults and 2 children (under 16)) and e-mail booking confirmation. They e-mail after our cinema visit to check everything was okay and openly giving me the opportunityto raise issues. The other cinema chain I visited on Sunday have not contacted me (they do not have my data) for feedback or future promotions to encourage me to visit the cinema.

Guess which cinema chain regularly receives booking from the Robottom household?

The lesson here for retail focused chains is you must engage with your customers and react positively when a question is raised.I was openly inviting them to sell me a package, future promotion or leaflet where they could collect my personal data and preferences. They completely ignored me!! My usual cinema chain will e-mail later this week with the new releases, special promotions for families and a feedback loop. I’m not surprised retail is suffering!!

D&S Consultants help companies with their communications management to ensure they get the maximum value and profitable business from it and data management to ensure a trusted and effective operation. If you would like a conversation on how we could help you, please call 07768 511108 or e-mail david.robottom@dasconsultants.co.uk

10 Comments to A trip to the cinema:

Comments RSS
compare digital cameras on 03 April 2013 13:23
It is completely good to know about the cinema for family and you guys enjoy it together. It doesn't matter that it will cause more money.
Reply to comment

David Robottom on 03 June 2013 16:06
Thanks for your kind comments.

custom assignments on 17 August 2018 06:04
Do you see how amazing research is? Thanks to it we can predict the weather for the whole upcoming month. We can also predict when will it rain, when will it be sunny or when will there be a thunderstorm. It’s all like using magic.

things to do guilin on 17 May 2013 20:30
My developer is trying to convince me to move to .net from PHP. I have always disliked the idea because of the expenses. But he's tryiong none the less. I've been using Movable-type on several websites for about a year and am nervous about switching to another platform. I have heard very good things about blogengine.net. Is there a way I can import all my wordpress content into it? Any help would be really appreciated!
Reply to comment

David Robottom on 03 June 2013 16:08
Not really my area of expertise. I would suggest you check some of the developer web sites or compare web sites.

David Robottom on 03 June 2013 16:09
Thanks for your kind comments. I'm glad you find it of use.

Glass Beads Style on 19 May 2013 12:24
Very good written information. It will be valuable to anyone who employess it, including me. Keep up the good work - for sure i will check out more posts.
Reply to comment

David Robottom on 03 June 2013 16:09
Thanks for your kind comments.

Home Theater Installation in Boca Raton FL on 26 August 2013 10:06
This is a great experience that you have shared here of the cinema on mother's day celebration.Keep sharing.
Reply to comment

anzac day gallipoli Tours on 25 December 2013 06:28
Thanks so much for a great post about A trip to the cinema. I'd like to know more about these topics and hope that I can receive more insight into this topic.
Reply to comment