D&S Consultants - Working with businesses to reduce wasted expenditure
RSS

Recent Posts

Maybe we could learn from the states?
Communication Clutter
World Quality Day
Addressing the Unaddressed
Service or lack of it!
powered by

My Blog

A trip to the cinema

I made an impromptu visit to the cinema at the weekend as part of the mother’s day celebrations for my wife. I enquired at the kiosk if we (I, my wife and our 2 teenage sons) qualified for a family ticket. Unfortunately we didn’t as we are, according to this cinema chain, not a family. We have 2 teenage sons and they are a separate price, they had pricing for children, teenagers and adults!! What surprised me and disappointed me was there was no attempt to sell another package, a promotion, online booking facility at all. Iwould call this cinema chain very retail focused. I usually book my cinema tickets through another cinema chain, online. I receive a 10% discount through booking online, a family discount (because they define a family as 2 adults and 2 children (under 16)) and e-mail booking confirmation. They e-mail after our cinema visit to check everything was okay and openly giving me the opportunityto raise issues. The other cinema chain I visited on Sunday have not contacted me (they do not have my data) for feedback or future promotions to encourage me to visit the cinema.

Guess which cinema chain regularly receives booking from the Robottom household?

The lesson here for retail focused chains is you must engage with your customers and react positively when a question is raised.I was openly inviting them to sell me a package, future promotion or leaflet where they could collect my personal data and preferences. They completely ignored me!! My usual cinema chain will e-mail later this week with the new releases, special promotions for families and a feedback loop. I’m not surprised retail is suffering!!

D&S Consultants help companies with their communications management to ensure they get the maximum value and profitable business from it and data management to ensure a trusted and effective operation. If you would like a conversation on how we could help you, please call 07768 511108 or e-mail david.robottom@dasconsultants.co.uk

12 Comments to A trip to the cinema:

Comments RSS
compare digital cameras on 03 April 2013 13:23
It is completely good to know about the cinema for family and you guys enjoy it together. It doesn't matter that it will cause more money.
Reply to comment

David Robottom on 03 June 2013 16:06
Thanks for your kind comments.

custom assignments on 17 August 2018 06:04
Do you see how amazing research is? Thanks to it we can predict the weather for the whole upcoming month. We can also predict when will it rain, when will it be sunny or when will there be a thunderstorm. It’s all like using magic.

things to do guilin on 17 May 2013 20:30
My developer is trying to convince me to move to .net from PHP. I have always disliked the idea because of the expenses. But he's tryiong none the less. I've been using Movable-type on several websites for about a year and am nervous about switching to another platform. I have heard very good things about blogengine.net. Is there a way I can import all my wordpress content into it? Any help would be really appreciated!
Reply to comment

David Robottom on 03 June 2013 16:08
Not really my area of expertise. I would suggest you check some of the developer web sites or compare web sites.

David Robottom on 03 June 2013 16:09
Thanks for your kind comments. I'm glad you find it of use.

Glass Beads Style on 19 May 2013 12:24
Very good written information. It will be valuable to anyone who employess it, including me. Keep up the good work - for sure i will check out more posts.
Reply to comment

David Robottom on 03 June 2013 16:09
Thanks for your kind comments.

Home Theater Installation in Boca Raton FL on 26 August 2013 10:06
This is a great experience that you have shared here of the cinema on mother's day celebration.Keep sharing.
Reply to comment

anzac day gallipoli Tours on 25 December 2013 06:28
Thanks so much for a great post about A trip to the cinema. I'd like to know more about these topics and hope that I can receive more insight into this topic.
Reply to comment

carbonless forms on 20 December 2018 09:47
Your article is very interesting and fantastic, at the same time the theme is unique and perfect, great job.
Reply to comment

Rinda Syafrinda on 12 January 2019 09:01
ak penting.Mimpi rocker bercita-cita saya bernyanyi di Sonini ke 13 pabrik astm a283 c pabrik pipa boiler pabrik plat abrex 400 pabrik plat asme516 grade70 pabrik plat astm516 70 pabrik plat boiler pabrik plat hb 400 pabrik plat high tensile sm490 yb pabrik plat high tensile sm490ya pabrik plat kapal Distributor besi Wf Baja undangan pernikahan bahasa inggris islam Distributor Besi H beam Toko Besi Beton Supplier pipa besi Toko Wiremesh Besi Toko Wiremesh Besi Pabrik wiremesh Distributor bondek undangan pernikahan amplop surat Distributor Besi Beton Jual Besi Beton Toko pipa besi Jual besi beton Sni Ulir Polos polos ulir Agen Wiremesh Besi Agen Wiremesh Besi Pabrik besi unp Distributor wiremesh undangan pernikahan unik dan murah www.sentrabesibaja.com Harga Besi Beton Agen pipa besi Jual besi beton sii Pabrik Wiremesh Besi Pabrik Wiremesh Besi Pabrik besi cnp Distributor pipa besi baja sch 40 sch 80 undangan pernikahan elegan Jual Welded Beam T beam King Queen Cross Castellated Beam Pabrik Besi Beton Pabrik pipa besi Jual besi beton psi Ulir Polos Distributor Atap Spandek Distributor Atap Spandek Pabrik besi hollow Distributor besi hollow undangan pernikahan animasi Jual Bondek Cor Distributor Besi Wf Baja Distributor sch 40 Jual besi beton perwira Harga Atap Spandek Harga Atap Spandek Pabrik besi beton Sni Ulir Polos Distributor besi beton Sni Ulir Polos undangan pernikahan lucu Jual Atap Spandek Sni Supplier Besi Wf Baja Harga sch 40 Jual besi beton PAS Jual Atap Spandek Jual Atap Spandek ironsteelcenter.com Distributor besi wf baja undangan pernikahan kalender Jual Plat Bordes Kembang Agen Besi Wf Baja Jual sch 40 Jual besi beton master steel ms Supplier Atap Spandek Supplier Atap Spandek Distributor stainless steel Distributor besi unp undangan pernikahan ala india Jual Plat Besi Hitam Toko Besi Wf Baja Supplier sch 40 Jual besi beton ksty
Reply to comment